Saturday 14 February 2015

Week 6 - Love Story

So, the theme called for "telling a story" about love through a photo. Being in a somewhat romantic mood and still on "house arrest" (too bleak and cold to go out anywhere, especially with a 6 month old baby in tow), I dug up an old notebook where I had copied a bunch of poems that I like, set up my tripod and got to shooting.

I took a few shots but they all seemed childishly romantic and made me feel a little bit sick :)


So I then thought about portraying lost love, at least there's more of a story there. I wrote a "love letter" using words from love poems and songs and then proceeded to tear it up into little pieces. I also used the flower decorations on my daughter's baptism candle as a withered bouquet, and sprinkled a few drops of water on the torn paper (yes, tears are shed when love is lost).

So here you have it, my fake lost love story:


No comments:

Post a Comment